THE COMPACT SOLUTION – MINIATURISATION NEVER QUITE MADE IT TO COPLAND
There is nothing like an excellent tube amplifier. An amplifier that simultaneously offer a midrange that is open and clear, highs with an unconstrained mobility and acceleration, and a deep, tight and free flowing bass reproduction.
The CTA408 Integrated Amplifier is intended for those who prefer the ease of a single chassis amplification, still wanting the performance of separates. It offers such amenities as separate MC and MM phono inputs, Monitoring in/outputs, Headphone amplifier and a startup procedure that vastly prolongs the tube life.
Inside the CTA408 Integrated Amplifier.
* Driver stage tubes supported by MOSFET circuitry.
* Numerous individual power supplies, designed to operate with constant power, thereby isolating power stage fluctuations from entering the input stages and eliminating reverse modulation towards the AC supply grid.
* Dedicated Class A headphone amplifier, (speaker output mutes on headphone insertion)
* Excellent J-FET- Phono-amplifier. Active RIAA equalization employing more than one hundred discrete components inside a noise-shielding box of its own.
* The output transformers are Copland in-house design, fine-tuned for optimal power bandwidth. The massive core size of the transformers prevents core saturation, and they are able to transfer full power well below 20Hz to the loudspeakers with a minimum of phase shift. Multiple layers of interleaving wires ensures a superb linearity. The extended high frequency performance reduces the requirements for internal lag compensation after the amplifiers 15dB negative feedback loop is closed.
* The amplifier power plant is based on the KT150 power valves. These valves are a new variant of the legendary 6550/KT88 and in the CTA408, they surely demonstrate that the everlasting sound qualities of tubes can be extended into regions nowadays dominated by solid stage designs.
Copland CTA408 Integrated Amplifier Specifications
Output power:2*75W into 3 ohms or 8 ohms load.
Nominal speaker impedance: 4 & 8 ohms
Line input impedance: 50 K ohms
Phono input impedance: 47 K ohms (MM) / 50, 100, 470 Ohms (MC)
Line Inputs sensitivity: 250 mV
Phono sensitivity: 3.0 mV (MM) / 0.26 mV (MC)
Frequency response: 5 Hz – 100 kHz -3dB
T.H.D: Better than 0.9 %
Signal / noise IHF-A): Better than 90dB
Global Feedback: 15 dB
Headphone amplifier Section:
Output Impedance: 9 ohms
Gain: 17.5 dB
Frequency response: 10 Hz – 200 kHz / -3dB
Vacuum tubes: 4 pcs. KT150 2 pcs.12BH7 2 pcs. 6072A / 12AY7
Power consumption: Max.400 W
Dimensions: 435mm (H) x 220mm (H) x 460mm (D)
Shipping weight: 26 Kg.
For more integrated amplifiers click here.