THE COMPACT SOLUTION – MINIATURISATION NEVER QUITE MADE IT TO COPLAND
There is nothing like an excellent tube amplifier. An amplifier that simultaneously offer a midrange that is open and clear, highs with an unconstrained mobility and acceleration, and a deep, tight and free flowing bass reproduction.
The CTA408 Integrated Amplifier is intended for those who prefer the ease of a single chassis amplification, still wanting the performance of separates. It offers such amenities as separate MC and MM phono inputs, Monitoring in/outputs, Headphone amplifier and a startup procedure that vastly prolongs the tube life.
Inside the CTA408.
* Driver stage tubes supported by MOSFET circuitry.
* Numerous individual power supplies, designed to operate with constant power, thereby isolating power stage fluctuations from entering the input stages and eliminating reverse modulation towards the AC supply grid.
* Dedicated Class A headphone amplifier, (speaker output mutes on headphone insertion)
* Excellent J-FET- Phono-amplifier. Active RIAA equalization employing more than one hundred discrete components inside a noise-shielding box of its own.
* The output transformers are Copland in-house design, fine-tuned for optimal power bandwidth. The massive core size of the transformers prevents core saturation, and they are able to transfer full power well below 20Hz to the loudspeakers with a minimum of phase shift. Multiple layers of interleaving wires ensures a superb linearity. The extended high frequency performance reduces the requirements for internal lag compensation after the amplifiers 15dB negative feedback loop is closed.
* The amplifier power plant is based on the KT150 power valves. These valves are a new variant of the legendary 6550/KT88 and in the CTA408, they surely demonstrate that the everlasting sound qualities of tubes can be extended into regions nowadays dominated by solid stage designs.
Output power:2*75W into 3 ohms or 8 ohms load.
Nominal speaker impedance: 4 & 8 ohms
Line input impedance: 50 K ohms
Phono input impedance: 47 K ohms (MM) / 50, 100, 470 Ohms (MC)
Line Inputs sensitivity: 250 mV
Phono sensitivity: 3.0 mV (MM) / 0.26 mV (MC)
Frequency response: 5 Hz – 100 kHz -3dB
T.H.D: Better than 0.9 %
Signal / noise IHF-A): Better than 90dB
Global Feedback: 15 dB
Headphone amplifier Section:
Output Impedance: 9 ohms
Gain: 17.5 dB
Frequency response: 10 Hz – 200 kHz / -3dB
Vacuum tubes: 4 pcs. KT150 2 pcs.12BH7 2 pcs. 6072A / 12AY7
Power consumption: Max.400 W
Dimensions: 435mm (H) x 220mm (H) x 460mm (D)
Shipping weight: 26 Kg.