The Wand EQ Phono Stage
The Wand EQ Phono Stage was designed by our friend Gary Morrison of Pureaudio and voiced to go with The Wand tonearm and hand-made in Aotearoa / New Zealand. Its name EQ evolves from the fact that it was fine-tuned to maximise the Emotional Quotient of music that may be resolved in vinyl. It uses an extremely low noise, hand-matched J-FET input and power supply to compliment the low noise floor and the detail resolution possible from The Wand 14-4 turntable and tonearm. It operates in Class A. The Wand EQ is suitable for Moving Coil Cartridges or Moving Magnet cartridges. It is available as a stand-alone unit or as a module inside The Wand 14-4 turntable. We are pleased to honor Gary’s electronic design skills that evolved through Craft Audio, Plinius and Pureaudio by continuing the EQ by permission after his death from Cancer in early 2021.
- Gain (@1kHz): MC 62dB, MM 40dB Switchable
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz within +/-0.3dB of RIAA spec
- Input Impedance: 82, 100, 475, 47k Ohms switchable (and 220pF switchable)
- Hum & Noise: >80dBA (referenced to 5mV input)
- Distortion: <0.01% in normal operation
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Power consumption: 2.5W
- Dimensions; 210w x 145d x 50h
- Weight; ~0.8kg (unit)
$1400 When purchasing with a Wand Turntable .
For more phono Stage products click here.