The experience of the special musical magic that vinyl is able to reproduce led us to develop the Wand Tonearm® and now The Wand Turntable™.
Launched in 2011 The Wand Tonearm has been given several Design Awards and numerous Five Star reviews around the world. The Wand Tonearm® represents a step change in tonearm design. This is not your grandmother’s ‘gramophone’. Its large diameter carbon-fibre arm tube makes it at least four times stiffer than ‘traditional’ arms. It is available as in 9.5in, 10.3in and 12in lengths and in three specification levels The Wand Plus, The Wand Master and Master S (Lite) Series. The Master is also made as a 14in arm to special order.
The Wand Turntable Model 14-4 was launched in 2019 and is now available. It has been demonstrated at half a dozen audio shows around the world and initial response is very positive. See Wand Turntable Review page. Like the tonearms it boasts a raft of original thinking, from the large 14” diameter multi-layer platter to the computer machined anti vibration chassis, all in the service of providing musical magic.
In July 2020 we launched The Wand EQ Phono Stage™. This was a collaboration with fellow Kiwi amplifier company Pureaudio and designed by Gary Morrison, sadly Gary died in 2021 but we are able his legacy by continuing the offer the EQ. The phono stage can be fitted inside The Wand 14-4 turntable or purchased separately.
Wand Turntable Features/ Specification; Model 14-4 (14 inch / 4-layer platter)
- Big diameter 14 inch Smart Platter™.
- Large diameter (360mm) gives 20% more inertia than conventional platter of equivalent mass.
- Four-layer construction of platter damps vibration and noise transfer.
- Acrylic playing surface for vibration transfer from record for increased resolution.
- Screw down clamp with acrylic surface allows record label to be seen.
- German Plywood main structure. Asymmetric shape and internal machining to disperse noise and vibration.
- Zentroidal™ three point suspension system. The centroid of suspension, the stillest point, is close to the playing arc to maximise shock and vibration rejection.
- DC Motor with superb electronic speed control. 33 / 45rpm (& 78 to order).
- Electronic braking for quick record changing.
- Will accommodate 9.5in / 10.3in or 12in Wand tonearms (or other brands)
- Swiss custom-made flat belt. This provides dynamic punch while maintaining noise isolation.
- Includes a stylish lid.
- Lid is mechanically outside the playing system
- Designed for cueing the record to the beginning when the lid is down.
- The lid stands upright on its back edge.
- Optional on-board phono stage The Wand EQ Phono Stage is designed by New Zealand’s Pureaudio. Also available as a stand alone unit.
- Optional stand alone support for second arm.
- 12kg (~480mm x 400mm x 120mm, ~19” x 15”3/4 x 5”)
- 100V- 240V AC 50-60Hz supply
- Handmade in Aotearoa / New Zealand
S Tonearm specifications
|Item||Wand S (Master Lite)|
|Available lengths||9.5in / 10.3in / 12in|
|Mount Dist.(25mm)||222 / 246 / 295mm|
|Weight (mounted)||550g/ 600g /650g|
|Effective Mass /g||14g/15g/16g|
|Damped cue lifter||Y|
|Les Davis 3D2||Y|
|Plugs||Gold Female RCA|
|Internal wire/ Solder||Master; Silver on
Copper / Mundorf
|Mounting Plate||6mm Machined Al|
(Hex key lock)
|Cartridge Weight||2g & 5g|
|Std Cart. Weight||6-13g|
|Heavy Cart Kit >13 g||Free option|
For more Turntables click on this link.